Menu Bar

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

30 Prompt Project: Prompt 1

My freshman year roomie, Lauren Lytle, started this daily project on her blog for the upcoming month and I so liked the idea that I thought I would do it too. But I probably won't make it everyday...in fact, let's just be honest and admit that I won't do it everyday. So perhaps my goal will be to complete the list at some point this year. Yes? Yes.

Prompt 1: Five Facts Most People Don't Know About Me

1. I am terrified of making phone calls, even to people I know really well. The only people I call with no fear are my family members. Even then, I prefer texting. I have gotten better at making phone calls - I just got off the phone with my car dealership people, and i didn't freak out! I just hate doing it. I feels like I'm intruding when I make a call...

2. I haven't been kissed in over 4 years. I probably shouldn't tell people that, but I write it to help others afflicted by the same ailment to not feel badly about their condition. I don't kiss just anyone - I was even rather exclusively dating a guy for a few months and we never kissed. I obviously haven't caught the vision of how much fun kissing is, or perhaps I'd be doing it more. Or maybe I just haven't found a guy worthy of my skills. I have been told that I am a good kisser, so maybe that makes up for the lack of kissing. I don't need the practice ;)

3. When I was about 12 I decided I was going to be an actress when I grew up. I bought books on auditioning tactics, I took voice lessons, I joined a youth theater group, etc. One day I told my junior high school counselor what I wanted to do, and she told me that I would never make it and I needed to pick a "real" job to work towards. Even those sobering (and rather rude, I might add) words did not stop me from becoming an actress. I tried, but in the end it was my sudden shyness in high school that done me in. But I'm still trying! I'm taking voice again and I've taken some dance classes - musical stardom here I come!

4. I don't like choral music. I spent all of junior high and high school in advanced choirs. I loved it then - I loved performing an being part of a group, but I would never choose to listen to choral music of my own volition. I discovered this a couple of years ago when I took a University Chorale class (I was bored to tears most days) and last night as I attended the BYU Winter Choirfest. Just not my thang.

5. I don't like food. Or rather, perhaps I like food too much. I'm not sure which. I really dislike how everything that tastes good is bad for me, while everything healthy is rather bland. It's just one of those sad paradoxes that will never be resolved. I don't like cooking food, I don't like eating out, I just don't like it.

Well, now ya know! Woohoo!

Here's the whole list of prompts I will be following:

1. Five facts about me most people don't know
2. Five favorite things
3. Most embarrassing moment
4. A photo of myself 10 years ago
5. A photo of myself today
6. Favorite YouTube video
7. My dream house
8. What's in my closet
9. What's in my makeup bag
10. Picture of my shoes
11. Favorite recipe
12. Favorite animal
13. Favorite song
14. Something I made recently
15. Favorite scripture
16. Picture of the place I work
17. Three things I'm grateful for
18. Picture of my day
19. Picture of a good friend
20. Favorite city
21. Favorite quote
22. Something I could never get tired of doing
23. Picture of my family
24. Favorite movie
25. Dream vacation
26. Favorite game
27. A piece of art I made
28. Picture of my home
29. Something I'm saving up for
30. A dream for my future

No comments:

Post a Comment