Menu Bar

Monday, February 27, 2012

Oscar Love

Okay, I love the Oscars. I love them. I watch them like I'm watching a sporting event, rooting for my favorite team (in this case, The Artist) to win. Last night every time The Artist won something I got up and did a victory dance - seriously, this is my favorite sporting event.

I was so happy with the way things turned out - The Artist took away three of the biggest awards including surprise Best Actor to Jean Dujardin (I thought George Clooney had this one in the bag, though I wanted Jean to win), the Muppets won best song (well, Bret from Flight of the Conchords won, but same thing), Kermit and Miss Piggy presented, Billy Crystal was a great host, and the entire evening made me want to move to LA and try to make it in showbiz. Again. Why I don't move to LA is another story - this post is about Oscar.

I was sad that Viola Davis didn't win for The Help. I thought she deserved it more than Meryl Streep. But Meryl is fabulous in every movie she's in, so I don't doubt she deserved it too. I'm not really great at predicting who will win - I tend to pick who I want to win. Not always the same thing.

Jennifer Lopez's dress was AWFUL. That's all I'm gonna say about that.

Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis were hilarious. The assistant girl who brings the Oscars out to people was awkward. And Best Speech of the night goes to Octavia Spencer (with a second place award going to Jean Dujardin, simply because I'm in celebrity-love with him).

Overall, when the Oscars ended I felt a rekindling of love for the movies, not that I really needed one, but I always appreciate it when something makes me love movies even more. The wonderful event combined with making Swedish Toska Cookies with my mom and cousin Melanie made the evening quite hard to top. And I couldn't help but imagine myself up on that stage, accepting my own Oscar. Holy cow, I want one.


No comments:

Post a Comment