Menu Bar

Friday, February 3, 2012

30 Prompt Project: Prompt 2

Five of my favorite things:

1. Cheers - the television show. I can't get enough of it. I just started the fifth season - bless you, Netflix. I've watched a lot of the episodes before, but I'm making my way through from start to finish this time. I love each of the characters, especially Sam and Frasier. Cheers ranks right up there with Doctor Who and Frasier on my all-time best tv shows list.

2. My new car. I love having my own car - I even love paying for it! It's mine, all mine! No one ever has to borrow it, no one else drives it. I can put whatever I want in it. I can have mini ninjas on my dashboard. I can live wherever I want and still get to where I need to be. I got a great deal on her, and she is simply a really attractive vehicle - super sexy.

3. Broadway and film musicals - these are eternal favorites. I will always loving watching people break out in song and dance whenever they so desire. I am glad that they are having a bit of a comeback (and they never left India! Oh how I adore Bollywood!), though I sometimes wish I could live in the 1940s and 50s for a while so I can experience the Golden Age first hand.

4. The smell of books - old musty books, new fresh-off-the-press books, and anything in between. The only way I can think to describe it is that they smell like adventure to me. I especially love the smell of brand new scriptures - next time you're in a Deseret Book take a whiff of a Book of Mormon. I think that's what heaven must smell like.

5. Having my brother Josh home from his mission. This is probably my most favorite thing. I love that kid more than anything. The week after Christmas when neither of us had work and all we did was play Zelda and hang out - that was my most favorite week in recent memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment