Menu Bar

Monday, January 16, 2012

And I thought buying a computer was hard...

About a year and a half ago, after returning home from my London study abroad and beginning my fall semester of my senior year at BYU, I fell asleep with my lovely HP computer Sophie on my bed next to me and accidentally pushed her off. She fell to the floor with an echoing BANG that woke me, gasping in fright. I saw her poor little self lying on the floor and I knew she would never be the same. And she wasn't. She was broked. And she made a weird clicking noise. It got to the point where she wouldn't load at all, and I knew it was time to procure a new computer for myself. With sadness I retired Sophie and went out searching for a Mac. I shelled out around $1500 big ones for my little MacBook Pro (his name is Gareth) - that's the most money I've every spent at one time on something not tuition or school related. I nearly hyperventilated. I hate spending money.

I've been car shopping for the past few weeks, but this week I actually started going out and driving cars. It's one thing seeing the cost of something online. It's a completely different thing when you see the product in person. Holy cow, cars are expensive! And I'm not even looking at expensive ones! Yikes. I'm afraid that when buy my car (which will hopefully be in the next couple of days - cross your fingers!) I will actually fall over dead. Maybe I'll twitch a little first. Seriously, just the thought of spending anything over $6,000 freaks me out just a bit. Yes, yes, I know that eventually I will buy a house and other such infinitely more expensive items, but there's still a side of me that feels like each check I write is like a hammer to my little pink piggy bank. Devastating and painful, leaving behind a very empty feeling.

But I am excited to have my own vehicle. I would love to have a Hybrid electric car of some kind, but they seem a little out of my price range...so I'm just looking at small sedans. My favorite car right now is the Honda Fit. And I think I've found one I can afford! I don't know why, but I love that little car. I'm anxious to just get it over with. But excited too. Excited-anxious. Excitious. Anxited. You get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment