Menu Bar

Saturday, May 1, 2010

My First Saturday in London

Today was actually a pretty chill day...I'm kind of glad it was too because we've been so GO GO GO here that I was kinda getting stressed. It's nice to just sit back and realize that I'm not leaving next week, so I don't have to run out and do everything right now.

Today I went to Kensington Gardens (see previous post). I kept thinking of Finding Neverland, cuz I was in the park where J.M. Barrie met the Llewelyn-Davies! It was fun to think that I was walking where amazingly important and famous people had been walking. And it was gorgeous :) Definitely beats any of the parks from back home.

Then I had kind of a break down because I realized how much reading and such I had...and I stayed home doing it while other people were out at museums and markets and such. I think I'll be better about getting my work done so that Saturdays are more play days than catch-up on homework days. Of course, we were just given our homework yesterday, so there hasn't been much time to do it besides all day today. It's a bit crazy, this schedule we have - so much reading to do in 6 weeks. I'm kinda worried this semester is going to totally ruin my GPA. But GPAs aren't everything, right? That's what I'm going to keep telling myself...

The Centre doesn't provide meals for us on Saturdays, so I ate toast for breakfast and leftovers for lunch, and then for dinner we went out to Kahn's, an Indian food place right by where we live. It was really good! Definitely worth a visit. Still need to get fish and chips in a pub, though. And do some fun shopping type activities. My new favorite treat? Nutella toast. Probably because I haven't bought any candy here yet and I need something sweet, and that's all there is :)

And right now, I'm supposed to be reading once again. I'm having a hard time focusing. What else is new? I'm just trying to learn how to not let my school assignments completely stress me out while I'm here.

1 comment:

  1. Try reading every other line... or every other page... or just every other reading assignment... Maybe those are bad ideas. I'm sure you'll do great, you always do. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete