Menu Bar

Monday, April 2, 2012

Conference Weekend

As a kid I didn't care much for General Conference. I enjoyed not having to get dressed up for church, and I appreciated being able to play while conference was on. I was expected to watch, and I tried. But I never watched on Saturdays and I often fell asleep on and off through Sunday. I figured I could always read the talks later.

However, since I started college I've put more effort into Conference. It became a bit of a holiday for me. I would drive home for the weekend and hang out with my family - just relax. Then I took a Living Prophets religion class at BYU and really caught the vision of the importance of conference. And this past weekend I had some really big questions that needed answering - where should I go to school? What should I change about myself? etc. And guess what! I believe I received some answers! My feelings about schools have become more clear and I know exactly what I need to work on to be more of the kind of person I should be.

So....watch conference with questions! It works! And don't take notes on what the speakers are saying, necessarily. Take notes on what you FEEL. That's actually the key to all church things I think - scripture reading, talks in church, Sunday school lessons, all of it. I have a renewed love and appreciation of the Holy Ghost and am extremely grateful that I have it with me. As for which school I'm going to choose....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment