Menu Bar

Monday, June 7, 2010

Souvenir I want to but can't bring home - British children

Sunday, June 6, 2010

One of the girls who serves with us in the Wandsworth Common ward is sick, so she asked me to teach Primary for her…eek! I’ve never done that before. What’s more, it’s teaching the three years olds. In some respects that’s easier, but I don’t really know what I’m doing. We arrived at church and I went back to the Primary. The first children in were Poppy and Julian, girl and boy respectively. They’re twins and probably the cutest British children ever. Poppy had her teddy with her, which is actually a leopard, but British children refer to all their stuffed animals as teddies. His name was Charlie, but Julian wanted Poppy to call him Deathonater. They had the most adorable British accents and I just wanted to take them home with me! Next came in this adorable little boy name Brian with perfectly parted hair, the cutest little suit, and a “Future Missionary” badge. He knew all the articles of faith from memory and he knew all the answers to the questions. I wanted to take him home too. These three were all about 7 or 8 years old. A couple of cute girls came in a bit later and another boy – all of them were so well behaved! I couldn’t believe it. Especially after what my friends who serve in other wards tell me. I’ve decided that British children singing primary songs is one of the best things in the world.

When it was time for me to teach, I had only two children – Seth and Sophie. Seth speaks in gibberish. You literally can’t understand half the things he says. Luckily his mom is the Primary President so she was there to help translate. Chloe was adorable – she was quiet, but she could make the cutest happy and frowny faces I have ever seen. I taught them about their feelings today. I was supposed to teach for 30 minutes…I only made it to 15 I think…so we spent the other 20 minutes coloring. All in all, not too bad for my first day teaching in Primary…ever. Another girl came in while we were coloring. Her name was Chloe, and she was so cute and British. She pointed at the angry face on her coloring page and said, “he’s cross.” Haha cross! So British! I loved it. I could have done better with the teaching, but it also could have been worse. And I’m so glad I got the opportunity to be in Primary for a day. It was the best. Fast and testimony meeting was really powerful. There was another confirmation for this cute little old lady who was just baptized. I love seeing that. The Spirit was so strong. And the testimonies (since it was Fast Sunday) were so great. There’s a really good spirit about this ward that I absolutely love.

When I got home from church I proceeded to take a two hour nap – it was absolutely lovely. I have so much homework to do…blargh…naps can make me feel a bit guilty, but not on Sundays. They seem perfectly tailored to a Sunday afternoon. Tonight we had a fireside where a man came and talked to us about wartime (WWII) London – it was cool, but it went on a bit too long. Now I’m going to bed. So I can wake up at an insane hour and study for my ridiculous English midterm. I am lacking motivation big time. HELP! I need somebody. HELP! Not just anybody…well, I really need some motivation…goodnight, and good luck J

No comments:

Post a Comment