Menu Bar

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Harses harses harses harses...

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Today I woke up at 4 AM to study for my English midterm. I studied, then slept for a bit, then went to breakfast in the Servery, then read and studied some more. I then attended class. After class, we headed to the Banqueting Hall which I’m supposed to write a short paper on but really have no idea what to write about at all…It was a fabulous room, very beautifully decorated. It has paintings on the ceiling depicting James I’s apotheosis (ascent into heaven as a divine king). That’s what they tell you anyways. My theory, however, is that the angels are in fact bringing him down from heaven and removing his crown, rather than giving him the crown and flying him up to heaven. He looks worried in the painting, which is why me theory is valid…anyways…today was just a lot of studying. We did get to see War Horse, a play. That was good. The plot was so predictable and far too sweet for my taste – it was basically Black Beauty in WWI. But the effects were awesome – the horses were puppets. Yes, puppets, but the most intense puppets I have ever seen! They were so good it got to the point where I forgot there were three guys operating the puppet right in front of me. Way cool. Once again, we were in a irreverent mood and ended up laughing through the predictable, cheesy ending, pretending to cry, etc. I think being tired causes me to revert to a six year old boy persona. After the play I traveled quickly home and took my English midterm. I think I did rather well on it, but that’s not the best part – the best part is that it is OVER! Woohoo! That is a marvelous feeling. Now there’s just finals in 6 days and then my birthday! A free day to play in London on my birthday – best birthday present ever J

No comments:

Post a Comment