Menu Bar

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Life Update

Wow, so it's been a while since I blogged. At least on this blog. I have another blog where I've been writing - that one is more focused on actual writing than the journaling I do on this blog. I should just pick one blog and stick to it...but that won't happen. I also have a movie blog I'm working on. That one gets even less attention than this one. But here is my resolution to blog more. On all my blogs.

Anyway...I guess it's time for my life update! Woohoo!

Well, work is going well. I love the people I work with. We've begun decorating our office area for Christmas, including a fake fireplace in our little editing room and paper stockings hung on the wall. It's been really fun. I just finished up a batch of videos about education in Kansas City, Missouri. Now I'm doing odd-jobs around the office.

My Papa (grandpa on the Poelman side) passed away the Saturday before Thanksgiving. What a great man. And he has left a fantastic legacy. All of my brothers came to Salt Lake for the funeral and were able to stay through thanksgiving. That was one of the many blessings that has come because of Papa. I'm so glad to be numbered among his grandchildren.

The Muppets came out and I saw it twice in 24 hours. It was amazing. Just what I needed. I made my own Muppet - his name is Nelson.

In my ward I'm still the FHE co-chair and that's going well. We've done some fun activities and service projects. Its a little more work than in other singles wards I think, because we don't have actual FHE groups. We do ward FHE every week. It can get a little tiresome at times, but what calling doesn't? I'm happy to be involved in the ward, and hopefully I help make it fun.

I am in the process of applying to grad schools. Not sure if I'm actually going next year (wasn't planning on liking my job so much) but I'm applying regardless so I have that choice. I h e applied to USC and NYU film studies programs so far and I have like five other places I am interested in applying to. I'm just hoping one of them will feel right.

But life is overall great! I am very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment