Menu Bar

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Voldemort is vanquished at last!

I have seen Harry Potter 7 Part 2 three times now, ha ha. And it's only been out for little more than a week. I absolutely love it. I think it's my favorite movie of them all. Normally I'm a little disappointed in how different the movie is from the book, but I haven't read HP7 in a couple of years so it all seemed fresh as I watched it. What a brilliant series of books and movies. Man, I love it. Each time I saw the movie something different made me cry. The first viewing brought tears with the battle - seeing the Professors all defending the castle and then seeing beloved characters dead. That hurt. The second time, I cried after the battle when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were finally free to live normal lives. The prologue did make me tear up this time. The third time I cried during the entire prologue, but for a different reason. As childish as it may seem, I saw the Hogwarts Express and felt the strongest desire to be on that train, heading off to Hogwarts. And then I watched the train leave without me. That was, perhaps, the biggest sting of all. But I still love it. And I love that I love it so much. It's nerdy and childish and completely me.

No comments:

Post a Comment