Menu Bar

Monday, March 1, 2010

So...what should I do with my life? I hate not having a direction. I mean, I have a direction, but is it the direction I should be taking? Is it the direction that is best for me? In the next year, the next few months maybe, I have to decide whether I should go on a mission or stay and finish my degree first. Then, after I graduate from college, I want to go to graduate school. But in what? What do I want to do? I used to know exactly what I wanted to do. I wanted to make movies and change the world. I still want to do that. But there's another side of me that says I need to do something else. Like making movies doesn't totally fit anymore. There are other ways to change the world that I may be better at.

There's no point in my changing my major now - not only do I absolutely love it, but I can do pretty much anything with it. The question is, what am I going to do with it? Graduate school is my next step. But what do I study? I don't necessarily want to study film in graduate school, because that doesn't qualify me to do very much...do I want to study it more? I don't know. My fall back has always been medical school (I know...intense fall back) but that doesn't interest me as much anymore. Humanities? Possibly. But what can I do with that? Teach? I may like teaching. Ugh, I dislike this decision-making business. Sometimes I wish the Lord would just tell me what to do. But I know that's not part of the plan. I have to figure it out.

2 comments:

  1. Jen, what a fun time of life! Your opportunities are endless! I miss your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! (Or if I say it out loud MEN! Don't ask me how the "A" always gets cut out!)You'll figure it out, Jenny :) The thing about you as that you are just so perfect for so many things

    ReplyDelete