Menu Bar

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Sudden

There are times where I get sudden onsets of intense homesickness. Today it was looking at a picture of my mom playing with my niece/her granddaughter Maya. My mom has been visiting Danny and his family in Oregon this past weekend.

I don't feel homesick for places necessarily, and heaven knows I'm glad I didn't have to deal with the crazy snowstorms in Utah that I saw people posting about all over Facebook yesterday. I get homesick for people. I will see a picture, like my mom and Maya or my nieces and nephews at my parents, or my brother and our mutual friends eating at some restaurant we used to go to, and I feel a pang of longing.

I'm not longing to leave here - I actually love my friends here and living in Boston is really cool. I just wish all those people I love would move out here. Then perhaps it wouldn't feel like my heart is being splintered. The sad thing is that I know all the people I love will never all be in the same place at once. I will have some form of this splintered feeling for the rest of my life.

I guess it's true what they say about home being where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment