Menu Bar

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Flavors of the Month

I have recently found myself in three simultaneous celebrity crush phases: April was dominated by Peter O'Toole, beginning with How to Steal a Million - great movie, and now it's on Netflix! Towards the end of April, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol was released on DVD and I felt a resurgence of my Jeremy Renner crush, amplified by the fact that The Avengers (in which he stars as Hawkeye) comes out tonight/tomorrow. Yes, please.

However, these two crushes have been rather eclipsed by Martin Freeman. Yes, I already loved the show Sherlock, and I thought he was marvelous in it. But I just watched, via interesting Internet sites, the second season of Sherlock. And I am now in love. I love his performance in that show - I love both him and Cumberbatch. They are the best Sherlock and Watson, definitely better than Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law (though I love them too). Martin Freeman is also Bilbo in The Hobbit being released later this year. He is also Arthur Dent in Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy (2005). And guess what? I had a crush on him in 2005 when I first saw that movie. I think he's marvelously talented, comedically and dramatically, and I remember thinking, "I wish he was in more movies that I could watch!" Well, it looks like dreams can come true. It takes quite a guy to play three of the most iconic British roles out there. I am a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment